Descargas de libros electrónicos pdf gratis Why Does Patriarchy Persist? (Spanish Edition)
Why Does Patriarchy Persist?
by Carol Gilligan, Naomi Snider
|Número de páginas:||120|
|Formatos:||pdf, ePub, mobi, fb2|
|Tamaño de archivo:||3 Mb|
|Fecha de publicación:||2020-05-22|
Why Does Patriarchy Persist? by Carol Gilligan, Naomi Snider The election of an unabashedly patriarchal man as US President was a shock for many—despite decades of activism on gender inequalities and equal rights, how could it come to this? What is it about patriarchy that seems to make it so resilient and resistant to change? Undoubtedly it endures in part because some people benefit from the unequal advantages it confers. But is that enough to explain its stubborn persistence? In this highly original and persuasively argued book, Carol Gilligan and Naomi Snider put forward a different view: they argue that patriarchy persists because it serves a psychological function. By requiring us to sacrifice love for the sake of hierarchy, patriarchy protects us from the vulnerability of loving and becomes a defense against loss. Uncovering the powerful psychological mechanisms that underpin patriarchy, the authors show how forces beyond our awareness may be driving a politics that otherwise seems inexplicable.
- Descargar el libro de texto pdf Botany Coloring Book de Paul Young
- Descarga libros gratis en español. Contemporary Scenes for Student Actors
- Descargar audiolibros en italiano Rapid Math Tricks and Tips: 30 Days to Number Power
- Descargar ebook joomla gratis Mythago Wood Robert Holdstock PDB RTF
- Descarga gratuita de la guía telefónica de la PC The Green House de Mario Vargas Llosa 9780060732790 (Spanish Edition)